Monday, October 8, 2012

Getting It Done

The days are clicking away.  I finally decided it was time to stop avoiding the obvious...time to make some plans for our Soldiers "going away party."  I decided I didn't like that name though....We are having a Wishing Him Well party instead. 

I had the opportunity to talk to him last night on the phone.  Those calls I cherish especially now since I know they will be few and far between in the coming months.  We talk about silly crazy things one minute and then get on a serious subject and then back to a trivial point.  I enjoy that with him.  He and I have always just gabbed and talked about everything and anything.  One of the things that I hope doesn't change. 

In my own personal life I have struggled with "avoidance".  When things get stressful or I feel overwhelmed, I tend to shut down and avoid everything and anything that I can.  I am finding that I am leaning towards that tendency right now.  I know I need to fight it, but I don't always do the things that I know I should do :)  Who does, right?

I always get done what I need to though.  I know my own defense mechanisms and I know how to tell em enough is enough.  One part of avoiding things is this blog even.  This sorta surprises me some though.  I so enjoy the contacts I have made from this blog, but my mind totally relates the blog to his deployment.  I created the blog when I found out about the upcoming deployment.  Sorta strange that something I started doing to find strength has now been part of what adds to the overwhelming feelings. 

As usual, thank you for reading my rants and my posts.  Not sure any of this one makes sense, but it is my minds ramblins' of the afternoon.  I hope you, your family, and your Soldier are all doing well. 

Love and support always,
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment