Monday, November 19, 2012

All The Wondering

Stay busy, stay busy, and stay busy.  Yup, great advice, thanks.  It really doesn't help!  An off and on button for my mind would be much more useful.  I can't keep my mind focused long enough to write a simple blog post, fold laundry, or even shower without having it be consumed with questions, wonders, and worries. 

Is he cold, is he tired, is he hungry?
Are they on the move, are they moving towards danger, are they being shot at?
Has he already seen something that totally freaked him out?
Is he really as prepared as he needed to be?

We are on Day 9 of this first deployment.  I was very fortunate to have contact with him several times during the first week.  It hasn't been the same on this second week though.  I don't go but 2 minutes without looking for the "green dot" on Facebook.  I am constantly looking at and picking up my phone.  I went outside today for barely a minute without my phone and when I discovered that I had left it inside I nearly got sick.  It shook me up stupidly!  What if he had called though during that time?  What if I had missed him for who knows how long?  Well course he hadn't. 

I still don't know that I will be able to offer any real constructive positive ways to survive a deployment of your child.  I have made it to nearly double digit days though :)  One step at a time I guess. 

Love and support to you, your family, and your Soldier.
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment