Thursday, August 30, 2012

Favorite You Tube Videos

I am for sure an audio visual person.  I am a complete You Tube junkie!  There doesn't seem to be anything for a subject that you can't find a video for it on You Tube.  Since Jake has been in the Army, You Tube has been one of the biggest resources I have found to be helpful in many ways.  I have searched and found videos for every location that he has been at thus far.  I have watched videos for every type of training he has gone through.  On days when I just need to a "Soldier Fix" I search for videos that make me smile, cry, and laugh...sometimes all three in one video.  

While he was at BCT I would watch videos that focused on what specific training takes place.  I watched Family Day and Graduation videos of other families.  It made me feel connected to the process.  


It has always made me feel more at ease to see where our Soldier is.  I really enjoy to see it in person, which we have done thus far, but sometimes I haven't seen the Post until he is preparing to leave it.  So by searching on You Tube I can get a small glimpse and an image in my head of where he is.



Our Soldiers are trained in so many different MOS's.  You Tube is a super place to go and search for information related to them.  



Just last week my Soldier was talking about which weapons he has qualified for recently.  Well I don't know anything about weapons, but I know where to look.  It is very important to me to be able to relate and understand the things that he talks about and is engaged in.  



Some days I just want to watch sappy videos that touch my heart and wet my eyes.  

How have you learned about your Soldiers life in the Army?  What videos and/or resources do you use?  Please share with us all!

Sending you, your family, and your Soldier lots of love!
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment