Saturday, August 25, 2012

Surviving Boot Camp - part 2

Happy Saturday!  This won't be long, but I had to pass on a tip that I was reminded of yesterday when my CD player came blaring on in my van.  The afternoon that Jake left for BCT I went home and made a CD of music.  I find that music touches me.  I needed to hear music that made me feel connected and that made me feel proud of not just Jake's decision but the our country.  Now keep in mind the music selected is more important than you would think.  There are lots of songs out there that talk about Heaven needing heroes and One Way Trips....STAY AWAY FROM THOSE!  We already know and worry about the risks.  We need music that enforces the great love and pride in our hearts.  Sooooo with that being said, I list a few of my favorites that appear on my CD from June 2010 that still remains in my CD player.  When I know I need to hear it, I crank it up and sing at the top of my lungs and get rejuvenated thanks to the music.  

Enjoy your weekend :) Sending lots of love to you, your family and your Soldier
Faith

Song suggestions:
Star Spangled Banner by Whitney Houston....the BEST version out there!
The Army Theme
Where the Stars and Stripes and Eagles Fly by Aaron Tippin
Where were you when the World stopped turning by Alan Jackson
Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen
God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood
American Soldier by Toby Keith
Courtesy of the Red White and Blue by Toby Keith
Born an American by Gods Amazing Grace by Luke Strickland
Only in America by Brooks & Dunn
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment