Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Lisa's shared story of "Mom I Am Joining The Army"

Our story starts several years ago when Richard was just 12 years old.  He stated he wanted to be a sniper. That’s nice honey, go to college and we will talk about it.
 
Fast forward, Rich attempts college and drops out after a semester. I always knew he was not going to do well in a traditional college. So, the boy went to work at a Burger King and at a Nursing Home washing floors. One day I looked at him and said…..” ENOUGH, I HAVE HAD ALL I CAN TAKE OF THIS LIFE YOU ARE THROWING AWAY, YOU ARE GOING TO KNOCK UP SOME CASHIER AND LIVE IN A TRAILOR, I HAVE WORKED WAY TOO HARD FOR YOU $%^&* BLOW IT..YOU ARE GOING IN THE MILITARY!!”…He said, “it’s about time Mom, I did not know what else to do to make you see that going in the Army directly was what I wanted.”  We drove to the Recruiter that afternoon.  
 
In one more month my son, SPC Proulx, has been active military for 3 years. He is happy with the choices he has made J
 
Yours in education,
Lisa Ferrazzano Bailey, M.Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment