Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Love America

My thoughts this morning I will try and write down so that they come across how I feel and mean them.  I do not want to appear that I am picking one side of the political coin over the other.  I am not Republican.   I am not Democratic.  I am American.  Last night I sat and watched the Republican National Convention.  I listened to the words being said by the speakers.  I felt their passion in which they expressed these words.  They all share one common goal.  A better America for our children and grandchildren.  I listened to Gov Chris Christie talk about the "Greatest Generation".  They were a generation that went through great hard times.  They endured a great depression, War, and still never gave up on their dream for our country.  Why can't WE become the Next Greatest Generation?  Why can't WE now work at reviving this country together?  

I have great hope that our country has yet to reach the best that it can be.  I do not believe that our better days are behind us.  Times are tough right now, but I believe that they have been tougher in the past.  WE are a fortunate generation compared to those who have come before us.  WE need to grab hold of our boot straps, move across those damn party lines, and work together to achieve a better country now!  

The core motivator in working towards a better America has to be the love of America.  If you don't love something, you surely don't care to see it flourish.    Do you love this country?  Do you love this country even with all its faults?  Do you love this country enough to say "Enough, I want something better!"  I hear people say all the time that they can't do anything about the mess the country is in.  People blame the President, Congress, and local Politicians for how our country got to be in the state that it is in.  Well I say BS!  WE THE PEOPLE are to blame!  WE need to all commit to not allowing things to go as they have. Commit to make it better one little step at a time.  

Do you ask, "What can I do?"  

Do you vote?  Do you attend local Town meetings in your area?  Do you volunteer in any way in your Community?   Fire department, local soup kitchens, food banks, schools, library, hospitals, trash along the roadways, youth programs, local and State committees, local Veterans groups, senior citizen assistance, ...what else?  Where else can you step up and make a little difference?  WE need to get involved in our country.  No, we can't all run for office and be strong law making politicians, but WE can each do our part in making a small difference one person at a time.   

The right to display and proudly wave an American Flag is something that I believe every household in this Country needs to take advantage of.  I don't want to hear the crap about it being someone's right to not do it....DO IT!   Show some respect and love for our American Flag and all that it represents.  Just that small simple display sends a message to others who see it.  Take your hat off and stand every time the Star Spangled Banner is played.  Teach and demand that our youth do the same.  They follow our role.  

Be proud and appreciative of our sons and daughters who are serving this great country of ours.  Be respectful and show thanks to our Veterans.  How hard is it to attend a local Memorial day parade and wave to those Veterans and show them your gratitude?  That is showing love of our country.  Get involved.  Get informed.  Get up and make things happen!

I am so proud to say that my son is defending and serving our great Country!  Only 1% of our population serve in our Military.  Surely the other 99% of us can do our part as well.  Thank you for reading my rants this morning.  I hope it gives you something to think about.  I hope you go display a flag if you don't already have one.  I hope you vote in November.  I hope WE are the Next Greatest Generation!  

Sending love and support to you, your family and your Soldier!
Faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment