Monday, September 24, 2012

A Day to Ramble

Good ol Mondays.  They stink most always.  Today is no exception.  Over the weekend a friend of ours killed himself.  No warnings.  No signs.  No explanation left.  I have found that it has left me thinking that far too many people don't value this life we all have.  It has also made me have some cross thoughts about how our Soldiers face life and death everyday doing what they do and unfortunately some don't make it...and how I find it so screwy that someone would just toss their life away while someone else is fighting to keep not only theirs but those they serve to protect.  

Sorta weird that one could argue that it is someone's right to take his own life...and "rights"  are something that our Soldiers fight to ensure.   I want to yell and scream and have everyone hear me say "We are such fortunate people!"  Far too often people don't appreciate all that we are given here on a small local level as well as here in this Country as a whole.   Don't waste it.  Don't devalue it.  

As each day ticks by and I see the calendar creeping closer to the big D day I find myself getting more preoccupied with worry and fear for his safety and for his life.  So to have a friend make the choice to just toss life away angers me.  I am grieving his loss, but I can't lie...I am angry!   Young men and women are fighting everyday in the War to give others the right to live in a more democratic and free way of life...and here is someone I know tossing those rights that he already has aside.   Frustrates and confuses me.  It saddens me.  

So I write today in frustration and in grief.  

It makes me sad to think there are people who suffer with no hope.  Many of our own Soldiers lose hope and take their own lives everyday in our country.    The Army has created many new programs to raise awareness and to aid those in pain to reach out and seek help.  Even in that moment of complete despair those hurting need to always remember that even if their life means nothing to them at that time, that their life means everything to someone else.   Hope.  There has to always be hope.  

Sending you, your family, and your Soldiers love and support today.
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment