Monday, September 3, 2012

Crossing On The Path of Deployment

This poem was shared yesterday on a site for Army Moms.  I read it and was touched by it.  I have found since reading it that it has made me wonder about the Mother of the Soldier that my own son will go over and take his spot.  I never gave it any thought before.  I wrote the other day about always counting up or counting down the days....somewhere another Mother is counting down til her son returns.  She is doing pre-planning for his WELCOME HOME party as I am starting to work out his GOING AWAY gathering.  She has most likely been given a "stop mail" date and I am anticipating sending out care packages soon.  

We are on the same road, only I am on one side of the yellow line and she is on the other.  We will pass soon.  The passing will come with great love and pride by both of us for the job that our Soldiers have undertaken.  

It gives me comfort to know that there are other Mom's who are on the same road.  When I need some road side assistance it is right there with hugs, stories, support, yellow ribbons, flags, hope, faith, and love for each other.  

Lots of love, 
Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment