Saturday, September 8, 2012

Where We Have Been

When Jake joined the Army one of the first conversations that my husband and I had was about our desire to see every place during Jake's Army career that he is assigned to.  So far to date we have accomplished that.  Hmmmm can I buy a flight to Afghanistan?  If it was possible, I am betting there would be many planes that would land there plum full of Military Mom's!   It may sound silly, but I am always more at ease when I have a visual in my head of "where he sleeps" at each place he has been at.  Being able to picture him going in to the building...seeing his window...it just makes this Army Mom feel better.  

I thought today I would share some of my favorite pics from the places that we have visited since the beginning of his Army life.  

First visit was to Fort Jackson, South Carolina for his BCT graduation.

 Fort Jackson Headquarters
 His barracks while at BCT












His first AIT location was Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama.  We were fortunate enough to get to take him via POV there after BCT.

 The building he was assigned to at Redstone
 Outside of the door at Redstone.












From there he moved to Eglin Air Force Base at Fort Walton Beach, Florida.

 His barracks at Eglin....see his window? 
 The training center at Eglin where spent many hours.
 Yup, Destin wasn't tough to take at all!








His next AIT location was Fort Huachuca, near Tucson, Arizona.
We weren't able to go there until he graduated and was finished, but it was a really nice area and great trip with him!
 This was his barracks in Prosser Village
 The training facilty at Fort Huachuca for UAS
 We headed out at midnight the day of his graduation.  Cross country from Arizona to Florida.  We stopped for a quick visit at my mother in law's and then we left his car there and flew home.  It was a fun time having him stuck in a car with us for that length of time!  

His first duty station assignment is at Fort Stewart, near Savannah, Georgia.  His grandmother and I were able to go visit shortly after he got settled in.  Savannah is a beautiful area also for visiting.  His Dad is looking forward to seeing Fort Stewart next month when he gets to visit.  

Headquarters at Fort Stewart

His barracks at Fort Stewart.

Warriors Walk at Fort Stewart in January.

















His next assignment I will not be seeing for myself.  I will rely on him for a few pics of where he will be sleeping, eating, or working.  

 Traveling to these places has been all great adventures for our family.  It is something I look forward to for many more years to come. 


Have a great weekend...Happy Saturday to you, your family, and your Soldier!
Faith

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics Faith. I too went to visit Jessie at Ft. Jackson for her BCT and then POV'd with her to Redstone, Alabama. Then it was on to Ft. Lee in Virginia for her re-assigned AIT where I visited during my Spring break. I visited her at Ft. Hood when she returned from Afghanistan and then Ft. Bliss in El Paso twice; once for Thanksgiving and then most recently for her wedding. Next stop will be Ft. Sill in Oklahoma where my son-in-law will be stationed prior to deployment in Kuwait. Last week was Jessie's final week as a soldier! But, I'm still an Army MIL...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooah for Army MIL's!! Thanks for sharing Sheila :)

    ReplyDelete